In honor of the holidays I've put a few pictures together of my kids having fun with their Christmas treats....and I'm linking up with the Moiderer who has made an awesome gluten free gingerbread house!!
It's not too late to make some cookies for the fat man when he comes down the chimney....best washed down with a tall glass of cold milk! (or perhaps something a wee bit stronger...)
Yummy, Easy Butter Biscuits
125g butter softened (I use low fat margarine, because I can't help myself.... and the biscuits turn out fine)
1/2 cup icing sugar, sifted
1 1/4 cup plain flour
1 teaspoon vanilla
- Beat butter and sifted sugar in a small bowl with an electric mixer until smooth and changed to a lighter colour (not too long as the biscuits get too soft).
- Stir in the flour.
- Turn out dough and knead lightly on a floured surface until smooth.
- Roll into a ball and wrap in plastic wrap, refrigerate for about 1/2 hour until firm.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Roll out dough and cut with festive cookie cutters.
- Use a small, round shape to cut a hole in the cookies, add a boiled lollies to the hole
- Bake biscuits for 10 minutes or until browned lightly.
- Transfer onto a wire rack to cool.